by Harrison Homel | November 2nd, 2012
After years of dedicated leadership in the Northeast, Kristina Moy will be stepping down from her post as the Northeast Regional Director. Kristina loves quidditch, and will stay on with the IQA in various capacities, but also needs to begin exploring possible career options and opportunities. She will stay on to direct the Northeastern Regional through to its successful completion.
Thus, the Northeast needs YOU! The IQA is looking for a dedicated, organized, and passionate leader to become the new Northeast Regional Director. The NE RD assists teams and develops quidditch in the states of Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Vermont and Maine.
The Northeast Regional Director will work closely with the other RDs and with the region’s State Representatives to foster environments of competition, creativity and community within the region. RDs can expect to work at least 10-20 hours per week in this role (depending on the season).
Below is a list of qualifications and responsibilities for this position:
ALL Candidates must:
• Reside in the Northeast region for the majority of the year
• Possess excellent communication skills
• Have at least 1-2 years of quidditch experience
• Maintain frequent access to email, Facebook, and other modes of communication
• Possess initiative/be a self-starter
• Have a passion for the sport of quidditch
In addition, ideal candidates will:
• Have previous management or leadership experience
• Utilize customer service skills to assist teams and others who are interested in quidditch
• Understand what makes the Northeast different from other regions
• Be familiar with many of the teams and players in the Northeast
• Have the skills to not only manage a team but to also organize events
• Have excellent decision-making ability
• Have a clear vision for the future of Northeastern quidditch
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with State Representatives to contact and assist both starting and active teams in the region
• Hire, assign, and manage State Representatives and other staff
• Take the lead in organization of regional tournament and hire Regional Championship Committee (RCC) members
• Create and maintain regional unity and pride amongst teams
• Establishes regional brand (logo, design for events, “feel” of region, etc.)
• Be a resource for new and existing teams and maintain frequent contact to encourage growth and membership through email, Facebook, Skype, etc.
• Attend weekly meetings with the Teams Director and other Regional Directors
• Compile and submit report on regional activity monthly to Teams Director
• Assist Expansion Representatives with their work as necessary
This position is not for the faint-hearted, but will be extremely rewarding for those who step up to the challenge. Those who are interested in improving the region and the sport of quidditch are encouraged to apply.
The application process will consist of the following:
• Submission of a resume, cover letter and two letters of recommendation
• Completion of a short-answer supplement that will provide insight into candidate’s leadership instincts
• An interview with the Regional Director (and possibly other IQA staff, if needed)
• An apprenticeship period, in which qualified candidates will gain on the job training before taking over entirely.
To apply for the Northeast Regional Director position, please send your most recent resume, cover letter and two letters of recommendation to Kristina Moy (k.moy@internationalquidditch.