In 2011 the IQA is sponsoring six regional tournaments around the United States and Canada. These tournaments allow teams the best opportunity to play a large tournament at a relatively local venue and impact global rankings for the participating teams, which sets the seeds and pools for each World Cup.
• Southern Regional: Swamp Cup @ Gainsville, FL, March 18-20
Winner: University of Miami
• Western Regional: Western Cup @ Los Angeles, CA, April 2-3
Winner: Arizona State University
• Southwestern Regional: Texas Classic @ Lubbock, TX, April 9
Winner: Texas A&M University
• Northeastern Regional: Empire Classic @ Hempstead, NY, May 1
Winner: Boston University
• Midwest Cup @ Fishers, IN, Oct 8-9
• First Annual Canadian Cup @ Montreal, CANADA, Oct 22
Link coming soon.
In 2012, the IQA aims to sponsor three tournaments in each of the North American regions, Canada, and one expo tournament in Europe. Applications will be due in October 2011, details coming soon.